cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Adding color to surfaces within drawing

kwagner
1-Newbie

Adding color to surfaces within drawing

Hello all,

To begin, I'm running Creo 3.0. In my application, I have a drawing for a plastic housing and I need to indicate where a coating should be applied and where a mask should be applied. Since it is a complex shape, it would be easiest if I could shade areas of the wireframe view. However, this is becoming quite difficult.

I took the route of applying the color grey to the areas of the model that I want masked from coating and the color white to areas that should be coated. In my drawing, I then used the "shading with edges" view. All is great, except the software tries to give it a 3D feel by giving the faces a gradient/shadow. Therefore, my greys and whites are hard to distinguish from one another. Is there a way to turn off the color gradient/shadows? Is there a better approach to what I'm trying to accomplish?

Thanks for your help!

Kyle

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

GAWD I WISH!!!  ...

I am very happy PTC put shaded views in drawings since Pro|E.  But what a crummy implementation!

I find myself doing a lot of finagling to get a good image on the drawing.  Normally they are way to dark and my whole model needs to be white or pastels... and oriented for the default lights.  It is a black box and we cannot change much at all!

Technically, this is what drawing sketches and closed boundaries and x-hatching is for.  You could try using pure colors on your model that minimizes the light gradients.  Surface textures too -may- be easier to use than colors.

Last tip, you can use a shaded view without wireframe, and align the same view on top of it (manage view origins) in normal no-hidden mode.  What this does is make all the lines black, where they may not be in the shaded-w/edges view.

Top Tags