cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Adjust length (extent) of multiple snap lines?

JonathanHodgson
11-Garnet

Adjust length (extent) of multiple snap lines?

Gurus,

Before I submit an Idea, does anyone know of a way to quickly adjust the length of multiple snap lines in a drawing?

I've got someone else's part which appears to be built from some external geometry, which means that the 'extent' of each view is considerably larger than the part itself, and my snap lines are overlapped messily between views.

I can select the lines and drag the endpoint of each one (although that itself doesn't snap to other, perpendicular snap lines!) but if I've created (say) five snap lines on each of the four sides of the view and each has two ends, that's 40 click-and-drags to tidy them all up. Per view.

Please tell me there's a function I just haven't found yet...

WF5 on this particular project, but Creo 2 on others.

Thanks!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Of course, I've just remembered (and implemented) the Pro/Workaround technique for this: make all the views Partial and sketch a spline that encloses the solid geometry only.

I'll get my ten-gallon hat...

Top Tags