cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Align Bundle Not Working

AH_9748419
3-Visitor

Align Bundle Not Working

Hi
I've routed a cable between 3 connectors; the shared section of the cable splits part-way and i've routed some of the conductors to a one connector, and some of the conductors to another connector.
The two sets of conductors were exposed after the break, so i bundled them with a sheath. The result is as the images shows; the bundles are unaligned, which i'd like to remedy.
I've tried using Bundles>Align Bundles, and selected one, two or three of these points and selecting 'align' and then regenerating; nothing seems to affect the alignment. 
Any tips on how to get past this? 
Best regards
A

1 REPLY 1
Lars_F
12-Amethyst
(To:AH_9748419)

Hi,

You can always branch the bundle if you want to have the other bundle separate from the center...

As an example I have a 14mm tube (not realistic) but first bundle from end to end including all wires (this case only 2 wires, Black and White).

Lars_F_0-1687874253411.png

Then add a bundle branch for the second wire leaving from the junction point...

1. "Select one or two locations on a top loom bundle to define one end of the branch."

Select only the junction point and press OK

2. "Select a location to define the other end of the branch."

Select the end point for the branch

After which the cable looks like this...

Lars_F_1-1687874341843.png

Using tape-spool the branch is of course more realistic. Same procedure but tape spool.

Lars_F_2-1687874402508.png

The network looks like ...

Lars_F_3-1687875794754.png

Br,

Lars

Top Tags