cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Analysis of mechanisms with mobile skeletons

Matteo_1987
15-Moonstone

Analysis of mechanisms with mobile skeletons

Hello,

I am writing to ask you how to handle the following situation:

We created the suspension assembly of the car using the structure of the moving skeletons (there is a first skeleton, which Creo calls "Design Skel" which contains all the references and then a series of other skeletons, which Creo calls "Body Skel" , which represent all bodies with their kinematic constraints).

(see image 1)
The suspension components are then rigidly mounted on the relative skeleton (e.g. the hub carrier assembly was assembled with the skeleton references C9TR_02_01_LH_HUB_CARRIER_SKEL.PRT).

To govern the movement of the assembly we use the stroke of the shock absorber, defined as a parameter (for the front suspension we also have the translation of the steering rack).

(see image 2)

The parameters are used to modify the length of the shock absorber and thus to realize the movement of the assembly.

(see image 3)

The problem with this solution is that we do not know how to "animate" the parameters, or how to ensure that by entering the "Mechanism" section of Creo it is possible to vary the values ​​in order to simulate the movement and be able to make the respective analyzes (eg create volume brushed when shaking).

I noticed that Creo recognizes the connections present in the skeleton structure but I cannot define a "servomotor" to a parameter.

Unfortunately, at least for now, I have not been able to find a way to make the mobile skeleton and the application for the mechanisms speak (I remember it was possible but I haven't used it for a lot).

Thanks bye

Matteo

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags