cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Animate flexible tube?

ErikClacey
12-Amethyst

Animate flexible tube?

hi,

I've been asked to create an animation of a tube that flexes when the parts of the assembly move. But how?

I have a tube with one end fixed on a base and the other is fixed on a part that rotates along an axis. So when creating an animation I need to show that the tube follows with the rotating part. Thus I guess that for every angle the rube would have to regenerate. Is this possible of Pro/E / Creo and how or would I need some other 3D software?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi

What I understand you want to rotate a part along with another part in an assembly at various angles(just like a blade rotates through the rotor axis)

This you can be done by pin connection(Mechanism) in Creo/Pro-e

Have you tried to do this in mechanism?

Regards

K.Mahanta

Kshetrabasi I think Eric wants his tube to flex during movement - change its shape basicly. Only way i know to achive this is morphing in some 3D animation software. I dont think during mechanism analysis assembly will regenerate at each time interval. Would be nice enhancement to Creo mechanism.

Top Tags