cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Animation into a PDF

AnoopKrishna
1-Newbie

Animation into a PDF

Hi all,

Do anyone know,How to convert an animation created in creo2.0 can be converted into a pdf?

Because all the members in other departments cant view the cad file as we do with creo2.0,

I tried the UPDF format which converts the 3D model into the pdf ,in which we can view the 3D model as we view in creo,But the problen is the user can see all the internal parts of the assembly.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Dear Anoop welcome to the forum, cant you make video file i.e *.avi or *.mpeg to share?

Dear Jayanta,

Ya,We can convert into a video file,But can we have a way to convert to a pdf?,Because all the systems in a company dosent have access to see the video..

Hi Anoop...

Investigate using Creo View to share files with members of other departments. You can create extremely (and impressive) animations in Creo View and save them as an "Annotation Set" if you wish. Then, you can distribute those files to co-workers who can view the information using the free version of Creo View (called "Creo View Express").

Also, if you really want to knock people out of their chairs, you can purchase the Creo View Microsoft Office Toolkit which allows you to embed 3D models directly into Microsoft Word, Excel, or Powerpoint. We just used this tool at PTC Live Global during the presentation Cassandra Kemp and I gave. While we displayed powerpoint slides, we were able to pick the model, spin it, cross section it, etc. With a bit of practice, it's easy to create animations, embed them into Powerpoint, Word, or Excel, and then play them back right inside the Office Application.

It's important to note that you only need the special Creo View Toolkit license to create your content. Once you've added the embedded model to your Office document, you do not need the toolkit to view it. Any co-worker with just the free version of Creo View can view the document with the embedded 3D model.

Even if you don't want to embed models, Creo View is still a better way to go than 3D PDF. Give it a try- I think yu'll see that the tool is infinitely more usable and flexible than 3D PDF.

Thanks!

-Brian

lkoeniguer
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianMartin)

Hello Brian,

What the cost of this Toolkit license ?

Thanks in advance

According to this http://www.ptc.com/product/creo/view/animator you can also "Import PTC Creo design software animations to utilize previously built simulations." Creo View Animator is an add-on to Creo View.

What I can't tell is what else is needed to play back the animations. The model and animation functions aren't native to Office products, so either there is an external library that needs to be installed or a copy of the library is built into every one of the documents, making them a pudgy sort.

Anoop, are you trying to limit users from seeing inside the assembly?

Welcome to the forum.

One way to do a type of animation is to predefine a series of views. this method is not even close to what animation can do, but it is a lot easier to get the 3D PDF to orient in a way you wish to present your model. Users would simply click through the predefined views.

When you create your 3D PDF, you can hide the items you wish not to be published prior to saving the PDF.

You also have the option of creating an Animated GIF if the animation is short. This should be accessible to 99% of computer users with any browser. When creating the animation, choose JPG as output and a series of images will be created. Tools such as PhotoScape (freeware) are very easy to use to create high quality GIF animations.

Lots of good ideas here Anoop...

Before I had access to the Creo View Professional license which allows animations, I used Antonius' method to generate either a short animated GIF or a WMV (Windows Media Player) file stitched together from numerous TIF images.

If you can animate your mechanism in Creo, you might also go low tech and just try to record the animation using SnagIt (Techsmith.com) or any number of free 'screen capture' products. Techsmith used to make a product called Jing which did very nice video screen captures (and the product was free). In this way you can simply animate in Creo, capture the video, and embed it into an Office application or presentation.

If you actually need the functionality of having the 3D model itself embedded into your Office document, then Creo View with the Office Toolkit is a good way to go. I'm admittedly a bit spoiled because my employer owns many specialty licenses of PTC software making it easy to do all sorts of nifty things like embedding models. This is a luxury I've never enjoyed at most other companies which is why tricks like those suggested by Antonius are so helpful.

Good luck!! Please let us know how this works out for you.

-Brian

Top Tags