cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Annotation Visibility Control Using Full or Partial MBD Setting

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite

Annotation Visibility Control Using Full or Partial MBD Setting

Was informed of a Full or Partial MBD setting at the TC.

Did not receive exact instructions on the location of the setting or its full intended use.

It was explained to be a method to allow layers or combined states to control annotation display.

Anyone know the location of the setting or have further input on the appropriate use cases.

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I think you are talking about the "Supplemental Geometry" check box within the combination state tab. Leaving it unchecked leaves you at Semi-MBD and unable to add datums to your combination state annotations.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris3
20-Turquoise
(To:wrsamuels)

I am pretty sure that discussion was about future releases and not the current ones.

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:Chris3)

Ugghh, I hope not.

Also failed to mention am using CP4 M070.

I will hold on selecting the Accept as Solution for now, but your quick reply is appreciated.

I think you are talking about the "Supplemental Geometry" check box within the combination state tab. Leaving it unchecked leaves you at Semi-MBD and unable to add datums to your combination state annotations.

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:rustys)

That sounds like its on the right track.

I believe not having the supplemental geometry (reference surfaces added to an annotation) leaves you in an partial MBD state as not have semantic connections leaves dimension ambiguous.

But I dont see a check box in my veiw manager for that under any of the tabs.

am willing to accept it as the correct answer. 

you can find that box by right clicking on the combination state tab and choose redefine

wrsamuels
14-Alexandrite
(To:rustys)

And that is why this community is so valuable.

Top Tags