cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Assemble parts in assembly

CAD_user
13-Aquamarine

Assemble parts in assembly

TiagoFigueiredo (Industrial)(OP)23 Oct 17 14:17
Hello,
I'm really new to creo. I'm making some evaluations for a possible bought of creo. I don't know much about it, and so I need your help.
As far I have read across the internet, Creo still doesn't have multi body possibility. So I would like to know in which way should we behave to assemble a few parts with the same partnumber, at the same assembly. See next video.
https://youtu.be/hyieSLMfuWQ?t=51

In this video (CATIA), I use the multibody, and after this I make a copy to the main part, to receive the holes, and the casting for that guide bushe. It's automated by macro, but that's not what it matters at the moment.
Is there any way to recreate all of this features, for all of the components, instead of doing one by one?

And what about propagate holes in an assembly?

Is possible to do something like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHqJx7p3l_8

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
CAD_user
13-Aquamarine
(To:CAD_user)

Can anyone help me?

I really need to understand if this is possible to do, and how can i do it. It will be a major decision point, to a possible bought of creo.

You could create User Defined Features (UDFs) which create the holes. A UDF can also include a Component Interface (basicly one half of a constraint(set)).

If the component you are placing also contains a Component Interface, you can constrain that component Interface-to-Interface, and also Auto-place that component for all the positions (thus placing multiple components in one go)

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:CAD_user)

So on the first video, it is "by macro" which in Creo is either going to be similar to mapkey or a UDF (user defined feature). I am assuming the macro in Catia would be something you would either develop or buy. Same thing with Creo mapkeys or UDFs, you would develop it or you would buy it from a third party.  There are lots of users/developers on the forum here who do Creo "automation" for their companies.

The second video, you can do assembly cuts/holes that apply to all parts in the assembly. Any changes to the hole position or size would propagate through the parts upon regeneration. With a little automation (macros, mapkeys, j-link, toolkit, UDFs, whatever) you can make your specific work go much faster.

I suspect creo will never utilize multi-body. It is not the way the software is setup. Doesn't make sense in the Creo world. All of the high end CAD programs do things differently in some aspects. They all have their strengths and weaknesses.

I would suggest if you are looking in to the expense of purchasing them. Have the software providers do demo's that match your requrements. Visit companies that use the different softwares.

Top Tags