cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Assembly 'Drag Component' Causes High Camera Sensitivity

JiffiPop
11-Garnet

Assembly 'Drag Component' Causes High Camera Sensitivity

Hi all,

I've got an assembly - which I can't show its entirety for obvious reasons. It contains many components that are fixed, but two of which have 'Pin' constraints. This one is pinned to one fixed component - with no following mechanism components.

For some reason when I grab it and move it, it makes the camera highly sensitive. Please see video attached. I tried restarting Creo, and restarting my computer - the same issue occurs. It temporarily goes away when I delete and re-add/re-constrain the component, but comes back later on.

Thanks,
Jeff

I have no clue hwt

5 REPLIES 5
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:JiffiPop)

It looks like the rest of the assembly may be jumping around.  Correct me if I am wrong.

I have run into this problem before.  I believe it has to do with how later components are constrained to the part and Assumptions (typically hardware).  Make sure components attached to the part are fully constrained to the part only, without assumptions.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
JiffiPop
11-Garnet
(To:kdirth)

All other components in the assembly are using the 'Fix' constraint. I did try ensuring specifically components referenced by the moving one are constrained.

When you had this problem before, how were both the moving part, and static parts constrained?

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I am not sure at this time how everything was constrained.  I can only tell you that carefully going through how everything was assembled, ensuring "proper" assembly methods were used, fixed the problem.  I almost never use the 'Fix' constraint.  My first component is always assembled with 'Default' constraint or to an offset coordinate system.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

C'Mon Man!  You're not related to "Corn Pop" are you?🤣

Yes, of course I am

download.jpeg

Top Tags