cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Assembly is crashing in creo 7

Sandy7
11-Garnet

Assembly is crashing in creo 7

Hello,

While opening one of my master assemblies, it is getting crashed in midway.

could you please help.

i tried new installation and updating the Graphics but none of them worked.

the issue was not there earlier.

br,

Sandeep C.

10 REPLIES 10

Hi,

your assembly is corrupted. You have to repair it by yourself -OR- you can send it to PTC Support.

Martin Hanák

Hi @MartinHanak 

it is opening in other user's system. 

Br,

Sandy.

@Sandy7 wrote:

Hi @MartinHanak 

it is opening in other user's system. 

Br,

Sandy.

Hi,

so it is up to you to find the difference between two computers. Maybe you can compare trails files.

Martin Hanák

hi Martin,

where can i find the trial file?

Thanks,

Sandy

@Sandy7 wrote:

hi Martin,

where can i find the trial file?

Thanks,

Sandy

Hi,

by default trail file is created in startup directory. User can set different location by using TRAIL_DIR config.pro option.

trail file name ... trail.txt. n (where n is numerical extension).

Martin Hanák
Constantin
13-Aquamarine
(To:Sandy7)

Hi,
from your description it sounds more like your assembly itself has a problem and not the Creo installation.
As a start you can check the messages at the bottom left of your Creo window and try to identify what Creo tries to do before the crash.
Also, you can try to open the assembly in 'Automatic' representation mode (which will load the graphics only) and then one by one switching the subassembies to 'Master' via Representations until you receive a crash. Repeat the same for the subassembly to identify the problematic part.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you are using Windchill, this is sometimes related to workspace issues/corruption. Delete the workspace and create a new workspace and try again.

If you are working in on directory folders, make sure you have all the search paths.

Since the assy works on one computer, check if there is any difference in config.pro options. Some options greatly affect large assembly performance.

I also agree with @Constantin , using simplified reps usually helps me. I typically start with a rep that contains no items and then one by one or a few components at a time, add them back as master rep and see what crashes. If you have sub-assy's you can also open them before opening the assembly to see if the problem is in on of them.

Sandy7
11-Garnet
(To:StephenW)

Hi  @StephenW ,

It is actually a configurable assembly and i tried opening Current Configuration simplified representation. this time it was loading for some more time but eventually closed suddenly again.

i was happy by thinking, finally it is opening but crashed again 😔.

Br,

Sandy

Sandy7
11-Garnet

guys, i am able to open the assemblies in offline mode but not when i am connected to Windchill.

Br,

Sandy

@Sandy7 wrote:

guys, i am able to open the assemblies in offline mode but not when i am connected to Windchill.

Br,

Sandy

Hi,

you can apply following suggestion:

MartinHanak_0-1707987080573.png

Martin Hanák
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags