cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Assembly is very meticulous , tips and tricks?

ptc-4461632
1-Newbie

Assembly is very meticulous , tips and tricks?

For example, I'm trying to place bearing blocks on a robot's frame. Having the program automatically record how I placed the first block usefull, but it gets extremely laborious when i have to place 8 of them. Or placing bolts and screws which are dotted all over the frame. On professionaly made models, i've seen bolts put into groups and I was wondering about more information on that kind of thing.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Hadrian -

I have tried few methods for the same thing but REPEAT command under assembly is the fastest for this kind of proceudre according to me.

You can right click on the part that you want to assemble multiple times and select "Repeat" and then just have to mention new references.

Jay

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4461632)

I'd probably copy-paste the first bolt with Ctrl-C Ctrl-V. Pro/E will remember how it's assembled and just ask you for new references.

component.PNG

Hi

You can use few other tools to speed up your assembly

1. Component interface to predefine assembly interfaces(As shown in pic)

2.You can opt for Edit>Repeat

Regards

K.Mahanta

Hi Hadrian -

I have tried few methods for the same thing but REPEAT command under assembly is the fastest for this kind of proceudre according to me.

You can right click on the part that you want to assemble multiple times and select "Repeat" and then just have to mention new references.

Jay

Top Tags