cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Assembly regenerating on window activation

David_M
5-Regular Member

Assembly regenerating on window activation

I've noticed that one of my assemblies regenerates every time I activate the window, but only when the sub-assembly is set to a rep other than Master.

Does anyone know why this is and/or how to stop it?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3
James62
10-Marble
(To:David_M)

If you know which features in particular take too much time to regen then you can set these as Read Only.

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:James62)

Hi Jakub

I know, but it isn't normal for an assembly, or a part, to regenerate without instruction to do so. Certainly none of my other files regenerate every time I activate their window so why should this one?

Cheers

James62
10-Marble
(To:David_M)

hi David,

To be honest with large assembiles so far I only had similar experiences you describe in your post.

I am guessing when you introduce in too many circular references into assy to Creo then you get this sort of problem.

I am also guessing you are on Creo Parametric 1.0 which is far from good performace wise. Creo 2.0 is way better in that way.

I hightly recommend you to switch to Creo Parametric 2.0 if you can.

Top Tags