cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Associative Draft Dimension (add#) Default Tolerance

BrettL.
11-Garnet

Associative Draft Dimension (add#) Default Tolerance

Hello
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how the default tolerance for the add# dimension type is established?

Background:

• Not using tolerance tables - inch based part

• I understand the difference between add#, d# and ad# type dimensions and where they are stored

• Windchill 10.1

Our current company config is set as:

draw_models_read_only no

create_drawing_dims_only yes

The "added" dimension in the drawing is add# and the default tolerance is not that of the model tolerance.

if the config option is set to

create_drawing_dims_only no

The "added" dimension in a drawing is now ad# and the default tolerance comes from the model tolerance as expected.

The config option (create_drawing_dims_only yes) was set to yes to only store added dimensions in the drawings. This helped reduce the number of dialog box actions by Windchill relative to the solid model (check out/revise, etc) since ad# dimension types changes the model.

Thanks

BL

1 REPLY 1

@BrettL. wrote:

Hello
I was wondering if anyone had any insight as to how the default tolerance for the add# dimension type is established?

Background:

• Not using tolerance tables - inch based part

• I understand the difference between add#, d# and ad# type dimensions and where they are stored

• Windchill 10.1

Our current company config is set as:

draw_models_read_only no

create_drawing_dims_only yes

The "added" dimension in the drawing is add# and the default tolerance is not that of the model tolerance.

if the config option is set to

create_drawing_dims_only no

The "added" dimension in a drawing is now ad# and the default tolerance comes from the model tolerance as expected.

The config option (create_drawing_dims_only yes) was set to yes to only store added dimensions in the drawings. This helped reduce the number of dialog box actions by Windchill relative to the solid model (check out/revise, etc) since ad# dimension types changes the model.

Thanks

BL

Hi,

please ask PTC Support.

Martin Hanák
Top Tags