cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

BOM Balloon Template

BillChapman
12-Amethyst

BOM Balloon Template

I have a drawing template created. In the template is a format, the BOM balloon table, and 2 views (one of which is tagged to show the BOM balloons). Whe the template is used: I get the following error:

Warning: The balloons can not be shown in the view on page 1 because there has been no BOM balloon repeat region set. The region is on the drawing template. How do you set this so the baloons are created directly from the template. After the drawing is created the balloons cand be created by selecting Create balloons; by view. pick the view and they are created normally.

error.png

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

To resolve the issue, open the drawing template and change to template from "tools" tab. Then go to the repeat region table properties to set the BOM balloon region.

table.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

I have never considered using a repeat region (bom) table in a template.

I wonder if it has a problem picking up the assembly parameters when loading a new drawing.

To resolve the issue, open the drawing template and change to template from "tools" tab. Then go to the repeat region table properties to set the BOM balloon region.

table.png

Hi Martin,

I an getting an error as "Can't show balloons for an empty region."

Let me know is it possible to create cutom symbol for balloon in Template

M

Hi Martin,

I am using Creo Elements/ Pro 5.0

Date Code M170.

When I select Table > BOM Balloons > Set Region, I go select the table where Repeat Region is Set.

I get an error Can't show balloons for an empty region.

Let me know the detailed procedure if I am missing something

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:mranganatha)

What does your table look like? What is in your repeat region? Is your table auto-populating with the BOM or is it showing nothing?

You probably should have started a new question in the forum instead of replying to an existing question that was shown as answered.

Top Tags