cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

BOM Balloons with Custom Symbol

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

BOM Balloons with Custom Symbol

Hello,

Is there a specific setting into configuration or somewhere else which will not allow to have BOM balloons with custom symbol?

Regards

Ketan

11 REPLIES 11

Ketan,

if you want to use custom BOM balloon symbol, you have to:

1. place the symbol into the drawing - Creo puts symbol definition into drawing file
  2. remove the symbol from the drawing  - symbol definition remains in drawing file
  3. show BOM balloons using custom symbol

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Martin,

I am doing all above steps. It is working for creo 2.0  M090 and M120 I have with me. Custom symbol I created using M090.

What challenge I am facing is that same thing is not working on our client's machine [Creo 2.0 with M120]. I am wondering why it is not working on their system.

Regards

Ketan

Ketan,

create new empty drawing and execute steps 1. and 2. in it (do not execute step 3.). Send this drawing to client machine and test custom balloon functionality.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Can you please detail how to do it WF5?

Regards,

Murali

Murali,

I am not sure that WF5 "knows" detail option default_bom_balloon_type. I think it was implemented in Creo 1.0.

MH

Martin Hanák

l have found:

bom_format --- Sets the BOM format file to be used for a customized BOM. Specify name and path.

DEFAULT VALUE:

<creo2.0_loadpoint>\text\format.bft

<creo3.0_loadpoint>\text\format.bft

Maybe they are using this config option in config.SUP? Just an idea...

Hi Milan,

Thanks a lot for this information.

I am using custom BOM from a file [Table->Table From File] and same is working fine irrespective of BOM_FORMAT.

I am setting property of BOM table as BOM Balloons -> Type as Custom symbol.

Could you please explain me that above need to be changed or not in order to have customized Balloon symbols.

Ouch... it is my mistake.

bom_format has no connection to your problem.

l´m sorry about confusing answer!

No prob...Just for my knowledge, how to prepare .bft file and how to see it...In creo, I am not able to open this file...

Yes... I don't believe bom_format has to do with your issue.

But since you asked... You will need to open a .bft file with notepad. You can find the location of your .bft file by searching for bom_format in your configuration editor. Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any good information on how to customize a .bft file though.

Top Tags