cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

BOM'S in Pro assembly

ptc-1625844
1-Newbie

BOM'S in Pro assembly

I am trying to place BOM Balloons on a drawing. The Model is of one created using Pro Assembly. I get the "Invalid view for showing BOM Ballons for the region" error. I've checked the TP104239 and I still get it. Is there a limitation on using BOM Balloons in assembly sketches created in Pro Assembly?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
17 REPLIES 17

Looking at the message window your current model for the drawing is a sub-assembly of the top level. I'm not sure that your repeat region is set for the current assembly to balloon. Try setting the current model in the drawing to the one that matches the BOM table. Next when creating balloons use the show all. This should work as long as the BOM table is correctly setup in the beginning. Regards Eric

Eric, I have double checked the repeat reagion. I even have deleted the region and then recreated it. The items in the table are the correct ones for the view. I've also tried various simplified reps states of the view. I am using Wildfire 3.0 M090, if that would make a differance. thanks for any ideas Dan
CBenner
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-1625844)

After calling the BOM balloon command, did you first use "Set Region" from the balloon menu?
Chris Benner
Autodesk ® Expert Elite

I did.

I see you got the message, "Choose a model from the list for a new current drawing model. The current drawing model is now ........" Apparently, you have more than one (solid) model associated to the drawing. The Repeat Region can very well reference a certain model (or simp rep) while a view, even on the same sheet, is reflecting another model (or simp rep). Investigate from the view properties what model and rep it's representing. Then you can change what model (or rep) the repeat region is representing.

The repeat regions are associated to the view. I know that because the BOM table reflects the model view.

Wouldn't you need to create an index for BOM balloons. just a thought

"Richard Giguere" wrote:

Wouldn't you need to create an index for BOM balloons. just a thought

Yup. I never find an easy problem. It is always something that no else has had before.

What confuses me, is why the index is not synchronized. 1 2 3 4 5, in the first view and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 in the second view. In yours they are random and one goes to 200 and the second one goes to 201.

"Richard Giguere" wrote:

What confuses me, is why the index is not synchronized. 1 2 3 4 5, in the first view and 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 in the second view. In yours they are random and one goes to 200 and the second one goes to 201.

I've fixed the index to coinside with the top assembly bom. The 200 level find numbers are for tooling numbers we use during assy. Just for clarification. These are assembly sketch sheets (Build Book). I'm using these to aid the technician in assy of the product.

Here is one of my BOM with balloons, there are no gaps between the numbers in the index. I couldn't tell you if having gaps is a problem for ballooning or not though.

Maybe you could right click the part from the tree, and add a ref balloons manually. I'm out of suggestions

Fixing the index doesn't usually cause a problem. However I'm not familiar with creating views the way you are creating them (assembly sketches, Build Book).

Right clicking on one of the parts in the tree should show an option to add a ref balloon, if the option is grayed out or doesn't exist, it will be a starting point for a debug to find the problem. If it is active you could add the balloons manually. I'm outta here, this is over my head.

I appreciate all the suggestions. I've talked to the local support engineer and opened a call to tech support. thanks all Dan
Top Tags