cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

BOM export to TXT

mike_pavese
1-Newbie

BOM export to TXT

Hello all, we are on WF5 and I have done a search in Exploders but have not found the answer to the question of how to get the BOM from HTML to TXT or something that Excel can import with the proper information and Assembly Tree. We have even discovered that the HTML file that is exported does NOT show up correctly in Internet Explorer but only in Mozilla FireFox. I try to save from FireFox as txt but the TXT file generated is not like the HTML. Come On PTC...

Mike Pavese

-

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You have to set the config.pro variable "info_output_format" to text. This will save a copy of the bam to disk which can then be opened in excel.

David W. Lawrence
Mechanical Engineer
Sigma Space Inc.
sigmaspace.com

Hi,

You can also change format of bom report, e.g. you can add a column to show a parameter, change the order of columns,etc.

I attach a simple example file of bom format. You should point to your bom format file (*.fmt) in config.pro using "bom_format".

Mehmet Ali Piskin

Wait a minute...did they do away with this for WF5?
(I'm using 4.0)

Bob Frindt
Sr. Designer
Parker Hannifin Corporation
Parker Aerospace
Gas Turbine Fuel Systems Division
8940 Tyler Boulevard
Mentor, OH 44060 USA
direct (440) 266-2359
cell: (216) 990-8711
fax: (440) 266-2311
-
www.parker.com

Mehmet Ali Pi?kin <->
09/30/2010 08:46 AM
Please respond to
Mehmet Ali Pi?kin <->

To
David Lawrence <->, mike pavese
<->, -
cc

Subject
[proecad] - RE: BOM export to TXT

Hi,

You can also change format of bom report, e.g. you can add a column to
show a parameter, change the order of columns,etc.

I attach a simple example file of bom format. You should point to your bom
format file (*.fmt) in config.pro using ?bom_format?.

Mehmet Ali Piskin

Hi RObert,

That option is still there along with CSV.

Doug

Top Tags