cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Basic question about "Missing Reference" error

nbrenn
1-Newbie

Basic question about "Missing Reference" error

Hi all,

I am very new to PTC Creo Parametric 3.0, and I am trying to replace a .prt file in my assembly with a 3D part model that I downloaded from the web.  For example, the part that I am replacing is a resistor on a Printed Circuit Board.  Currently, the resistor is just a 3D rectangular box, but I downloaded the actual 3D model of the resistor and replaced the part.  I renamed it the same as the original part, as well.

Since I am very new to Creo, I know that this is probably an easy problem to solve.  I am guessing that the 3D part that I downloaded doesn't have the same reference that the original part had.  But I am not very sure how to fix this.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,

missing_reference.JPG

reference_info.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

• if current rectangular resistor does not have any child then you can delete it and assemble downloaded 3D model
  • if current rectangular resistor does have a lot of children then you can create interchange assembly containing old and new resistor and use replace action to change resistor in your assembly

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your response.  The current resistor does not have any children. 

When you say to "delete it and assemble downloaded 3D model", what process should I take to do this? 

Thanks for your help

Hi,

1. select a component in Model Tree, press right mouse button and use Delete command
  2. click Assemble button located in ribbon and assemble new component

MH

Martin Hanák

Go to youtube.com and search for "creo assembly tutorial",  if you need a help.

MH

Martin Hanák
Top Tags