cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Batch production of STEP files for parts? Thanks.

BrentDrysdale
7-Bedrock

Batch production of STEP files for parts? Thanks.

Hi Folks,
I received several replies that look helpful. I need to read them in detail and try some things so this is email is just thanks to all for the help so far.
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093

Brent Drysdale wrote:Hi Folks,
I am completely unfamiliar with batch files for getting ProE to do stuff. I have a comment from our ECAD brethren that their latest release supports viewing of STEP files of parts so I am wondering if it is possible to run some sort of batch process that takes existing electro-mechanical part files and saves them as same name STEP files?

Many thanks in advance.

P.S. very little feedback so far on the internal PDF creation from WF4. I got one saying don't use it due to this sort of problem. Seems very strange that PTC does not have this PDF creation process nailed.
--
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Regards, Brent Drysdale
Mechanical Designer
Tait Electronics Ltd (www.taitworld.com)
New Zealand
Ph. +64 3 358 1093
This email, including any attachments, is only for the intended addressee. It is subject to copyright, confidential and may be the subject of legal or other privilege, none of which is waived or lost by reason of this transmission. If the receiver is not the intended addressee, please accept our apologies, notify us by return, delete all copies and perform no other act on the email. Unfortunately, we cannot warrant that the email has not been altered or corrupted during transmission.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags