I am using Creo Parametric Release 7.0 and Datecode18.104.22.168
I am having an issue with the ptcdbatch.bat: some of the parts that get created using the batch script are not added to the PCBA when I import the emn and emp files.
I don't have that issue if I manually import the step files into Creo.
Note: that I am using the same config.pro file in both cases.
Are you using a hint map file? That can affect the how components import.
The part is created but not placed in the assembly when using batch mode? I would check the component ecad origin csys and verify ECAD/MCAD naming parameters as a start. Compare the models (batch vs. manual) using the model compare function in Creo if you cannot spot anything upon inspection.
Some more detail will likely be needed for anyone here to help on this. Are there any special characters or spaces in any of the component names that are problematic? Are the same import filters applied in both scenarios? Are IDF specs matched for export from ECAD side to one supported by Creo? Last I checked Creo does not support IDF 4.0 so verify IDF version support on both ends.
That's correct, the parts are created by the batch script but some parts are not populated in the assembly.
No special characters in the file names.
I will compare the models and send an update.
I did check some part files created by the batch script and it looks like it is not using the templates specified in my config.pro (when I search for the word template inside the part files, I get template "none")
If you have start parts for ECAD components (parts) and ECAD assemblies, you would want to use them when importing data for use with the IDF interface. The most likely issue is that your ecad csys does not exist in the parts and so they are not placed in the assembly.