cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Benchmarking your systems

davehaigh
11-Garnet

Benchmarking your systems

Since we have a user that is working on some very large assemblies, and top level drawings of those, I've been asked what we can do to improve the speed. When it comes to top level drawings, you options are limited. So the first thing I did was look at the specs on his machine and check where such a machine ranks on Olaf's benchmark.

Similar machines on the benchmark took between 52 and 66 minutes to complete the benchmark. Where the latest Dell T1700, currently ranked 9 on the benchmark, took about 18.5 minutes. It's a 5 year old computer and due for replacement.

I've decided it's time to start benchmarking all our systems. So...

1. I've decided when I roll out the next maintenance release, to also include the files required to run the OCUSB6 benchmark.

2. Additionally I want to make it easy for the users to run the benchmark

3. And finally I want to make it easy to record the results, but also record some information about the computer.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags