cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Bill of Material

ptc-2936191
1-Newbie

Bill of Material

When I pull in an assembly and go to info-bill of material my BOM page goes to a blank white screen in WF 2.0. Can anyone help?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

I guess I should be glad I'm not the only one. I made a topic recently about this very issue. My own thread is at http://www.ptc.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6497 and I'm still looking for a resolution to this. After seeing your post I checked again my system: WF3 M170: Works for html and txt output settings - html setting has breakdown desired in format file while txt output does not WF5 M010: html output setting ends up in white page, txt output setting seems to work but is missing part of the breakdown in the format file. This is using the same files (WF3 files opened in WF5) to test each installation. Would it be faster to get a response if a ticket was sent in? I have not done that yet personally.

"John Panozzo" wrote:

When I pull in an assembly and go to info-bill of material my BOM page goes to a blank white screen in WF 2.0. Can anyone help?

I don't have that option in my config.pro and as I mentioned the text output seems to be missing parts of the format file. Not to mention the spacing seems messed up as well. Is there no way to enable the html output?

Quick update: I'd have edited this into my previous post but can't seem to find the edit button. Anyways, after finding a sample bom format file on another site I tried that one in my WF5 installation. The html output decided to work with that one and not the one that was used in WF3. I've attached the format file I had been using if anyone could help me figure out what the issue is. Forewarning: the format file is as is from when it was handed down to me, so I'm not sure what all the parts are. Thanks!

Another update: After researching around again, I finally noticed that it was just a syntax/formatting issue with the file that I was given. Apparently the way it was constructed worked fine in WF3 but was missing details to work in WF5 so it just gave me a white page. Now that I've got that settled, time to remake the format to be useful. @John: Are you still having an issue with this?
Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags