cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Bill of Materials Numbering

RH_10482746
2-Guest

Bill of Materials Numbering

Creating a drawing of a large assembly. It has 60 items after I've used Flat/ Rec Item and Filters.

But the list is sorted with assemblies first and then parts. The second sort order goes after the model names in numerical order.

But I want to reshuffle the order so that I get the most important items FIRST (as number 1 and onwards) and the fasteners, screws, washers, nuts LAST. How is this done?

3 REPLIES 3

@RH_10482746 wrote:

Creating a drawing of a large assembly. It has 60 items after I've used Flat/ Rec Item and Filters.

But the list is sorted with assemblies first and then parts. The second sort order goes after the model names in numerical order.

But I want to reshuffle the order so that I get the most important items FIRST (as number 1 and onwards) and the fasteners, screws, washers, nuts LAST. How is this done?

Hi,

your request needs complicated solution. Probably repeat region relations will be needed. To get some advice, please pack all your files into single zip file and upload this file. Also publish a picture showing desired result. You can export table to csv file, import it into Excel and reorder rows manually to show desired result.

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:RH_10482746)

You can manually "fix" the items in the BOM.

Go to Table - Repeat Region - Fix Index - select the region - then select an item in the table and key in the index number you want it to be.

I believe the default ordering in the Bill of Materials is the order in the model tree. In other words, the order in which you added the components to the assembly. If you absolutely must have things in a specific order you could move components up and down in position in the tree. This will, of course, be restricted based on dependencies between components.

Top Tags