cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Blend Tangent to Surface

ptc-2209243
1-Newbie

Blend Tangent to Surface

Kindly share me example for Blend Tangent to Surface feature.

Thanks,

G.Saravanan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Saravanan...

I'm happy to share the models. They're attached below. These are just example parts created to allow me to demonstrate the feature. They aren't "real-world" items. If you have a real part and need help creating the feature, you can upload it and I'll take a look at it. This assumes, of course, that it's not a proprietary piece.

There are 3 files.

blend_tangent1.prt - Demonstrates the curve-driven blend tangent draft surface (from example #1).

blend_tangent2.prt - Demonstrates the constant angle blended draft OUTSIDE surface

blend_tangent3.prt - Demonstrates a THIRD type of Blend Tangent to Surfaces. I did not show this example in my slides, but this shows how to do a constant angle blended draft INSIDE surface. Notice in this example I also added a Solidify feature to show the resultant geometry.

Use the model player (Tools>Model Player) to interrogate this part and help you understand the process.

Thanks!

-Brian

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hi Saravanan...

The Blend Tangent to Surface feature isn't used very frequently. It was never very "big" to begin with but now that the standard Draft Tool has become much more powerful, it's used even less. There are some notable capabilities of this feature but there are also some limitations. This truly generates only surfaces, not solid geometry. You'll need to add other features such as Thicken or Offset and Solidify to create solid geometry.

Since you asked, here are two examples. There are three main options to this feature... I've demonstrated two of them. Hope this is what you were looking for! Click each of the images below for a much larger version that's easier to read.

Slide1.PNG

Slide2.PNG

Slide3.PNG

blend_tangent_pres.pngSlide5.PNG

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks for your information. I tried with the above informaion, but i cant able to complete the feature. Can you please share the models.

Regards,

G.Saravanan.

Thanks for your information. I tried with the above informaion, but i cant able to complete the feature. Can you please share the models.

Regards,

G.Saravanan.

Dear Brian Martin,

Regards,

G.Saravanan.

Hi Saravanan...

I'm happy to share the models. They're attached below. These are just example parts created to allow me to demonstrate the feature. They aren't "real-world" items. If you have a real part and need help creating the feature, you can upload it and I'll take a look at it. This assumes, of course, that it's not a proprietary piece.

There are 3 files.

blend_tangent1.prt - Demonstrates the curve-driven blend tangent draft surface (from example #1).

blend_tangent2.prt - Demonstrates the constant angle blended draft OUTSIDE surface

blend_tangent3.prt - Demonstrates a THIRD type of Blend Tangent to Surfaces. I did not show this example in my slides, but this shows how to do a constant angle blended draft INSIDE surface. Notice in this example I also added a Solidify feature to show the resultant geometry.

Use the model player (Tools>Model Player) to interrogate this part and help you understand the process.

Thanks!

-Brian

Brian,

Thanks for your data. Its working fine.

Brian,

Thanks for your data. Its working fine.

Thanks,

G.Saravanan

The examples which you provide is great Brian.

Thanks

VIJAY

Top Tags