cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Bolt Circle dimension on 3D model?

lorrainequinn
5-Regular Member

Bolt Circle dimension on 3D model?

Hi Experts...

Does anyone know how to add the Bolt Circle dimension of a hole to the associated note within the 3D model.

Currently my note reads...

&NUMBER_SIZE DRILL ( &DIAMETER ) &VAR_DEPTH &DRILL_DEPTH
&METRIC_SIZE &THREAD_SERIES-&THREAD_CLASS &STD_HOLE_TYPE &VAR_THREAD &THREAD_DEPTH
v&CBORE_DIAMETER x &CBORE_DEPTH
&PATTERN_NO PLCS AS SHOWN

Instead of 'AS SHOWN'  I would like it to have the bolt circle dimension (PCD)

I know that I could add the BC dimension separately on the drawing from the radial center-line but would like to have all the hole info in the 1 note?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I don't think you can have dual dimensions visible in the model.

Also, the parameters such as THREAD_DEPTH will not be shown with dual dimensioning in the drawing.

However, any actual dimensions will - so if that is your requirement, your note should reference the dimension itself, not the hole parameter.

You can get and set the dimension's name (d1, etc...) by editing the properties of the dimension.

In your hole note, you can display the value of the dimension using the &d1 syntax.

The # of decimal places will be controlled by the properties of the dimension.

In similar manner, you can show the P.C.D. value in your note.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

...also does anyone know if I can have dual dimensioning in the model too.

I have it active on my drawing but would like to retrieve hole notes from the model that also show dual dimensions for things like hole depth?

I don't think you can have dual dimensions visible in the model.

Also, the parameters such as THREAD_DEPTH will not be shown with dual dimensioning in the drawing.

However, any actual dimensions will - so if that is your requirement, your note should reference the dimension itself, not the hole parameter.

You can get and set the dimension's name (d1, etc...) by editing the properties of the dimension.

In your hole note, you can display the value of the dimension using the &d1 syntax.

The # of decimal places will be controlled by the properties of the dimension.

In similar manner, you can show the P.C.D. value in your note.

lorrainequinn
5-Regular Member
(To:pausob)

Thank you!

I actually figured this out just before you replied 🙂

Todays challenge was to have the dual dimensions showing along with the parameter...got there in the end.

As a Solidworks/Inventor/NX user, I have to say Creo is my biggest challenge to date!

Top Tags