cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Boundary Blend, Pattern Error

jstanczyk
1-Newbie

Boundary Blend, Pattern Error

I'm attending a Pro-E surfacing class in a few days, but maybe someone can provide some much appreciated info before then.

I have created a Boundary Blend to my liking, and I have it Patterned around a the main feature's center axis in 3 locations. The locations are 90 deg apart, so my blends are located at 9, 6, and 3 o'clock. (9 o'clock being my original blend). I thenwant to thicken these surfaces all equally. I can individually thicken the 9 and the 3, but the 6 gives me an error stating that the "feature does not intersect the part". All of my blends are tied tothe mainfeature identically, so there are no obvious irregularities there. Additionally, if I try to thicken just the 9 o'clock blend and then do a pattern, I get a similar error with the option to try to fix the model which I cannot seem to do.

Thanks for any advice.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

Try this:

Thicken your boundary blend, copy the surfaces of the thickened feature, pattern the copied surfaces, and then solidify the copied surfaces.

To all, first of all thanks to all of your responses. This model was the first of its kind for me, and after evaluating some of my methodology I was able to successfully accomplish a good model. I think perhaps there was a particular (and probably unnecessary) axis that was not being patterned, or at least a relationship to that axis was not being maintained. Possibly some other excessivefeatures that I threw out. I really don't know for sure - I was learning more and more as I went. Either way, I've got it done and all of the features are patterned around the part correctly. And I've been able to repeat the design for another size, so I think that I am on the right track.

Once again this forum has been a great resource for help and feedback.

Top Tags