cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Broken Hidden Line

ptc-2015925
1-Newbie

Broken Hidden Line

I am using Creo Parametric 1.0, datecode M040. The following PDF drawing is third-angle projection with the view display set to "Hidden." I have circled the areas where the hidden line is stopping before the edge of the part. I have also erased the hidden lines and re-drawn using a sketched line that matches the style to "Hidden" and the hidden line still stops before the edge of the part. Is there any way I can fix this issue?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
6 REPLIES 6

Rarely does anyone have the keen eye to "properly" show hidden line characteristics. It is nice to see someone who cares.

This might be a hardware font issue or a PDF converter issue.

I can only point you to the config.pro option "use_software_linefonts yes" to see if this helps.

Antonius,

Using the PDF converter within Creo 1.0 with the config option "use_software_linefonts" set to "yes," I ended with the exact result from my earlier screenshot. I would already assume that it is a PDF converter issue. However, using print from Creo 1.0 then using a third-party PDF driver, the hidden line did not break.

Sounds like the PDF converter is ignoring the setting. Have you requested information from Support?

Yes, I have requested PTC's technical support on this issue. I can post more information if they are able to resolve this issue.

That would be great, thanks!

From PTC's software engineers, they have suggested I add "intf_pdf_use_adaptive_linestyle" set to "no" to help with broken lines. However, there may be some special cases where hidden lines may break regardless of the "intf_pdf_use_adaptive_linestyle" option.

Top Tags