cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Building Space Frame in AFX/Framework

nhartung
1-Newbie

Building Space Frame in AFX/Framework

Hi All,

I've done a fairly thorough search on this topic, but still cant seem to find an answer. I'm trying to create a roll cage using the framework extension in Creo Parametric 3.0 (M070 I believe). I have created a series of points at the intersection of datum planes, and connected them using the "Curve Through Points" tool. The issue arises when I try to build a framework on these curves, I am able to select a reference plane, and the curve; but the command bar shows "References for the profile assembly are invalid". Any help / insight is greatly appreciated.

**I would include the assembly file; however, some of the points are dependent on the geometry of various parts. To include the whole assembly would be a massive file.

Thank You!

Capture1.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Message was edited by: Nick Hartung Included screenshots. First shows points / curves, second shows the error displayed by Framework tool.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

I think that the root of the problem is fact that you selected wrong references.

My suggestion is ... create simple model containing rectangle curve and do some exercise . If you need to select different reference plane, click refplane.pngbutton.

In my test model I had to select different orientation references for horizontal and vertical pipes.

ex.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Thanks for the input, I'll definitely try some simpler structures first.

also check the b&w soft manual.

Top Tags