cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Bulk Item Balloon - Possible to have different quantity on bottom of split?

JohnWenner
6-Contributor

Bulk Item Balloon - Possible to have different quantity on bottom of split?

I'm looking to use PARAMETRIC balloons for all the Bulk Items.  We use Split Balloons for all our drawings.  In the past we would create a FAKE balloon, with the format 9/AR (for something like Adhesive).  If you use Parametric, we would get 9/1 (Find Number/QTY).  Is there a way to change the bottom QTY number?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:JohnWenner)

Can you use a relation like you do in the BOM repeat region to change Bulk Items to a QTY of AR?

JohnWenner
6-Contributor
(To:BenLoosli)

I've also noticed the BULK items don't work as nice in CREO as previous versions.  In the past, we could put ONE bulk item in the Model Tree and use it multiple times on the drawing.  Now, if we want to show the same balloon 10 times, we would have to add that bulk item 10 times.  Am I missing a setting possibly?

mender
6-Contributor
(To:JohnWenner)

What you want to do is to employ a 'custom bom balloon symbol'.  You make up a split circle symbol (you can copy the standard one form the loadpoint to save time making it) that uses 'rpt.rel.balloonqty' instead of 'rpt.qty'.  In your repeat region, you use a relation to set this to rpt.qty for regular parts and AR for bulk parts.

msmith
14-Alexandrite
(To:mender)

This process is fully documented in TS article https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS40474 .

Top Tags