cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

View or sheet specific datum tag attachment - WF5

apodoksik
1-Newbie

View or sheet specific datum tag attachment - WF5

Hello,

I've run into a bit of an issue when doing a drawing in WF5 that I hope some of you may be able to help with. I can't seem to find an answer in old topics, but I imagine that it has to be out there.

In short, I would like to figure out how to attach a datum tag differently in different drawing views, or at the very least different sheets. For example, when I'm qualifying a datum in a particular view, I would like the datum tag attached to the gtol feature control frame. However, when I attach the tag as such, the datum tag vanishes in all other views where I'd like it to be shown on the datum feature itself.

Thanks for any advice you may provide!

-Alex

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I believe you have to attach the datum to one or the other, but you cannot have both. If you attach the GTOL to the feature and have the datum on the feature, it probably will communicate the best. See below:

Thanks for the reply, David. This is how I ended up doing it. This is a bit of an annoying limitation, especially when looking at examples where it is done as I had originally intended. C'est la vie.

Top Tags