cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Bundle too thin

Pettersson
13-Aquamarine

Bundle too thin

Anyone encountered this?

I have five pretty massive bundles of wires, each with a diameter of about 8 mm, coalescing into a single bundle. I put on one bundle with 1 mm wall thickness to represent the shielding, then bundle that again with a shrink tube (also about 1 mm wall thickness) The resulting bundle has a diameter of 13 mm. This is not reasonable, and I can clearly see how the five bundles overlap by a lot as they enter that one superbundle.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:Pettersson)

Never mind, I realized the issue. The five bundles stop at the entrance to the big bundle. So there is no overlap between them. That means all the wall thicknesses of the five bundles disappear and the individual wires are grouped much more efficiently. Makes sense.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Pettersson
13-Aquamarine
(To:Pettersson)

Never mind, I realized the issue. The five bundles stop at the entrance to the big bundle. So there is no overlap between them. That means all the wall thicknesses of the five bundles disappear and the individual wires are grouped much more efficiently. Makes sense.

Top Tags