cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

COMPOSITE CURVE

dbodar
1-Newbie

COMPOSITE CURVE

As shown in image, I want to join this two curve, which is drawn in two different plan.

So, now i want to join this two curve...

For this i cant found any command in creo..

in solidworks there is a command, named as COMPOSITE CURVE..

I am sure that this command is there in creo, bt i cant found it...

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The trick is CTRL-C to copy the geometry and CTRL-V to paste it - this brings you to the composite curve feature. I don't know of another way to get there.

I am intrigued with the suggestion put out by Antonius and will try it out the next time I am able. It looks very promising and more stable and easier to create...

-Nate

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Deepak -

There may be another way to do this - what I will show you will seem very awkward and strange... But it works.

Attached is a video - quicker for me than typing. Please let me know if you have questions.

Video Link : 5062

Hope this helps!

-Nate

Respected Sir,

I got your point,

bt as u shown in video, you select composite curve command...

So, from where ypu find this command..

Any need of config for this command..???

The trick is CTRL-C to copy the geometry and CTRL-V to paste it - this brings you to the composite curve feature. I don't know of another way to get there.

I am intrigued with the suggestion put out by Antonius and will try it out the next time I am able. It looks very promising and more stable and easier to create...

-Nate

Thanks

Nw i got ypur point...

TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:dbodar)

Creo uses datum references to create intent curves. You select curves and make them into a single reference feature by doing this.

intent_reference.png

I know there use to be other methods, but this one is probably the current direction PTC is heading with this type of feature.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Interesting, I never noticed that feature before. Thanks Antonius!

I was going to suggest setting the filter to "Geometry", selecting one curve, then doing a ctrl-c then ctrl-v to cut & paste, then use the "Details" to select either single entities, or go rule-based, etc.

Is there an advantage to using a reference feature as opposed to a copy?

It is a very easy way to pick references -and- modify references for subsequent features.

Greater use of this feature would help solve a lot of failures when references are deleted.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yup, I've found the rules-based selection very helpful when projecting or wrapping curves onto surfaces. I just use the "All curves in feature" or "All solid surfaces" options.

Thanks a lot..

i got this new procedure for composite curve...

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags