cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CONFIG SETTINGS

ptc-4610314
2-Guest

CONFIG SETTINGS

Hello,

I am looking for 2 config options I was told that existed by multiple Creo/ Pro E instructors but they / myself were unable to find them.

1) When I go into "show model annotations" everything is checked by default, I want it unchecked by default. Sometimes I get over excited with my centermouse button and select every dimension

2) When I start a new sketch by default the field is waaaaay out. ex. I start a like it is 300" long whereas I want something in the field of 3 inches.I was told there is a default scale config option.

Plus if anyone has helpful/ useful config suggestions I would love to hear them.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4610314)

#1 is show_preview_default and you want to set it to REMOVE which is now the default. PTC changed the functionality at either creo or WF5 to opposite what they used to use so you may have it opposite.

Steve

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

The first one should be

display_annotations no

!!!Determines whether or not annotations are displayed in 3D models.

!!!default yes

As for the second one i have not been able to find anything. The one suggestion I have seen a few times is to create a piece of geometry so that it zooms properly and then delete the geometry and save that part as the new start part. Or have a sketch in the start part with the dims you were looking for.

I already have that set to no.
Capture.JPG

config.JPG

Sorry misunderstood. I thought you were talking about in the model not in the drawing.

I don't know if 1 is a config or version issue. When I select a view to show dimensions, for instance, the dialog starts all unchecked. This is Creo 2.0 default behavior as far as I know.

As for 2; haven't found a way around this. I know sheetmetal start off at a reasonable size. I suspect it is part of the template. I start all my geometry parts with "empty" and the bounding box is huge. In my 1st sketch, I create a circle and dimension it to 1". Then I zoom into that circle and continue my sketch, deleting the circle after a few other curves are created.

At work we just upgraded to Creo 2, from WF5 so I have both installed. Both default to checked

Odd, I just tested my default Creo 2.0 M040 behavior and my custom config behavior. Both the default config, and my config does not check any dimensions in either the model or the drawing. It highlights them all on the screen, but the checkboxes are empty.

When you load Creo 2.0, it creates a shortcut on your desktop that should have an empty config associated to it (if the install hasn't been changed). Could it be that your template files have this set in them?

As for 2... you could fix the size of your datum planes in your template file. This should limit the size of the extent. By default, datums have no extent fixed so they have to determine a bounding box. Once geometry is created, they have something to size themselves to.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-4610314)

#1 is show_preview_default and you want to set it to REMOVE which is now the default. PTC changed the functionality at either creo or WF5 to opposite what they used to use so you may have it opposite.

Steve

Awesome thank you!

Top Tags