cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

CREATE CODE FOR TO GET DATUM CURVES OF THERMAL ANALYSIS

ggarcia
8-Gravel

CREATE CODE FOR TO GET DATUM CURVES OF THERMAL ANALYSIS

Hi All,

For the next question, I'm asking for the solution. Because I'm beyond me and I don't have skills.

In the next Link, I expose my problematic with analysis Thermal.

PTC CREO SIMULATE THERMAL STEADY

The user Mr. Charles Simpson helped me resolving the essentials doubts. But he amd I we think which with simulate is not possible to get the next graph results:

Clipboard01.jpg

But, Mr Charles comment me (also an all) ... "It would be possible to write code to look at the results files and create output a table of x-y values for a datum point array to create datum curves"

Somebody help me about this... create a program for to get these curves...

Thanks for all (And Mr. Charles)

BR,

Gorka

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Gorka,

I don't think I understand your problem. Is this a container filled with water, and you want to analyze the heat conduction in the water, assuming it does not flow around? This is perhaps the case if your container is very small; so that the flow resistance against the walls keeps the water in place. But if the container is of some larger size, then the water will start circulating if there is a temperature gradient.and I would assume heat transfer through convection will dominate over conduction. In that case the temperature field will be considerably different compared to what you would get assuming the water does not move.

FloEFD is a CAD-embedded simulation software that can model the coupled heat transfer / flow problem, but Creo Simulate can't model flow, only heat conduction in solids.

As for the heat flux lines that you are looking for, it should be possible to extract the results (temperature, heat flux etc) from the Creo Simulate results files, then import points on ISO-curves to Creo as datum points and then create the datum curves. I have done this for stress results. I wrote a script in Matlab that extracts data from the Creo results file.

Best regards Mats L

Hello Mr. Mats and all. Good Morning.

I don't know if you seen the next link in the initial discussion: PTC CREO SIMULATE THERMAL STEADY

There I explain with other colleague about as to try to get the two curves (We get the... --> Temperature: curves ok /// Flux Heat: curves no ok, only arrows)

I know that with a CFD software I get the curves (More or less, Normal to input vertical line and normal to output horizontal line, more or less as I show in the image in this discussion) placing points as if they were particles.... Thanks for this assessment.

You comment that: "It should be possible to extract the results..."  And you wrote a script in Matlab.

What are the files of Creo Simulate for Thermal Analysis? Or What is the file that contain the points for Flux Heat results? and ... How can I these points as datum points?

I know I'm asking a lot. I do not know how to make a script for "PTC Creo Simulate" (Without using Matlab or Mathcad or other)

If you can guide me, and tools and manuals exist to do these things.

Maybe then, if another customer asks me something like, I can give results.

Thanks for all and your patience, and... Sorry for my English... 😉

BR,

Gorka

This support document explains the output files. You need to request ASCII output files.

I wrote my script in Matlab where you also have possibility to generate the curves you need. I think you will need some matlab programming to get this right.

BR. Mats Lindqvist

Thanks Mr. Mats

I'll see these days I'll travel.

As we say in Spain: Me pondré las pilas.

BR,

Gorka

Top Tags