cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

CREO 3.0, imported files modifying error. HELP

lkang
1-Newbie

CREO 3.0, imported files modifying error. HELP

Hi all,

So I have to cut this object on Creo, reassemble it, and run FEA on ANSYS.  However the files are in STEP, x_t, rpt, STL, and Solidworks, so I have to import it to Creo, and I have tried numerous different methods of importing, but every time I try making cuts using Extrude, an error saying "There is no solid geometry in the model to intersect with this feature. Therefore, the sketch must be closed.  If you continue, the feature type will be automatically changed to SURFACE" keeps pop up. 

I also have tried converting the STL file to solid according to this video:  [Creo3.0] Converting the STL to Solid - YouTube‌.  However, it won't let me save the file as Shrinkwrap and says "No geometry selected."

Does anyone know how to fix this or what the problem is?  Also, is there a way to "cut" the object other than using extrude a sketch and remove material?

I am also attaching the STL file if anyone wants to take a look at it and an image showing what the cut looks like as a reference.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.  THANK YOU!!

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags