Ive been working with CREO 2.0 for a few months now, after moving from Wildfire 5. I do think its a big improvement generally (viually and speed), but there are still a lot of things that could be improved, making it easier for me to work with as a mechanical engineer, designing heavy machinery. So in no particular order:
1. It would be really nice If I were able to drag a component from one window to the next, to be able to mate it quickly to an assembly (or dragging parts from one modeltree to another).
2. It would be nice to be able to right mouse button click on a component and the pop-up menu will have to option: "copy name". The same counts for "open corresponding drawing".
3. In ProE, if you clicked on a part in an assembly once, the name would show in the message log, from where I could copy the name of the part. This no longer works in CREO.
4. I always try to postpone creating instances from parts, because after that, Im no longer able to replace the part by a copy within CREO. I dont like copying parts in windchill because the interface is slow and tacky.
5. Windchill uses a browser interface, the "go-back" button rarely works properly however.
6. Please stop reserving space for the menu-manager, it's not 1994 and I need all the monitor space I can possibly have.
Same for the "activating windows".
7. I would like to be able to place parameters as text in the model window and be able to modify values. It makes the parameter values more untuitive and transparant to the user instead of opening the parameters table in a pop-up window. I now get this done with help of annotation features but its clumsy.
8. All different creo models (asm. prt, drw) have the same icons in the windows taskbar, Pro Engineer did not have this issue.
9. please make it possible to turn off the 3d dragger in config.pro. I do not use it. Same for the "smart mating" functionality.
10. please bring back sweep with internal sketch
11. when I doubleclick on a part in an assembly, I would like the part to be activated (after which I can
easily modify dimensions). Now, nothing happens, which is a shame.
Im curious what others think about this, let me know!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.