cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

CREO2 text in dim gui

EricHuffman
2-Guest

CREO2 text in dim gui

Gurus,

Who in this group had a bunch of awesome mapkeys that worked perfect In Wildfire 4 and went to crap in CREO? I had a bunch of mapkeys that would add text to dimensions in the drawings. Things like add 2x before the dimension, add thru after the dimension, etc. Everything we need to quickly clean up dimensions in drawings. This was before the Dimension Properties dialogue box added the Prefix and Suffix. Now instead of just adding text it records the entire prefix/suffix value. So if I create a mapkey to enter 2x into the prefix of a radial dimension the mapkeys stores the value "2X R" instead of just my input of "2X". So when I go to use the mapkey on another dimension it adds the "R". Try to create a mapkey that will add 2x to any dimension. Now because of the prefix I have to have a mapkey for 2x R@D, 2x Ø@D, and 2x @D. Ridiculous!

Has anyone who creates similar mapkeys found a workaround? Perhaps there is a config option to use the Wildfire4 dialog box. Or perhaps there is a way to create the mapkey so it only records my input and does not copy the symbols from dim to dim. Or is there a way to enter text into a dimension without using the dimension properties gui...like the good old modify text line.

Sometime I really miss the good ol' days.

CREO 2.0 m040

Windchill 10.0 m030

Thanks,

Eric

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Every single time I've ever gone through an upgrade, whether it was WF to WF or upgrading to Creo I've had quite a few mapkeys fail. It's just the normal course of upgrading.

As for your specific dilemma, try making alternates of the standard mapkey by adding a Shift or Ctrl prefix. Mapkey '2x' for one dim, 'Shift+2x' for another and 'Ctrl+2x' for the last.

Eric,

Could you just add the "2X' to the Larger box in teh Display tab of Dimension Properties Dialog box instead of adding to the prefix and suffix boxes? This box already has the "@D".

Just wondering.

Kevin Brandt

You can put 2X in front of or behind the @D - don't need to use the prefix or suffix fields

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 17, 2013, at 2:44 PM, "Kevin Brandt" <-<<a style="COLOR:" blue;=" text-decoration:=" underline&quot;=" target="_BLANK" href="mailto:-">>">mailto:->> wrote:

Eric,

Could you just add the "2X' to the Larger box in teh Display tab of Dimension Properties Dialog box instead of adding to the prefix and suffix boxes? This box already has the "@D".

Just wondering.

Kevin Brandt
Top Tags