cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Cable Marker Location

mbegley
1-Newbie

Cable Marker Location

I'm currently working on a client's cable files, and I'm trying to place a marker on the cable to represent a heat shrink location. I just successfully did this on one cable, but the second one is giving me issues.

No matter where I put the marker on the cable, the location the marker is shown on the flat cable file and drawing does not reflect the location it was created on the assembly file. For example, I place a marker in the center of the cable, and it shows up next to connector #1 on the flat cable file and drawing. I then put a marker next to connector #2, and in the flat file it shows up next to connector #1. I put a marker a short distance from connector #1, and it shows up in the middle of the cable.

Is there something I'm missing with placing markers? Is there a way to locate a marker at a known location, rather than just pick a location on the cable length to place it?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the replies Brian Martin‌‌ and Gunter Koch‌.

I was on Creo3 M070.

I found out the issue was with the _MFG file not being regenerated after making the change to the assembly file. I was regenerating the assembly file, the flat file, and the drawing, and the markers were not going to the correct locations. After I made the changes to the marker locations, if I first regenerated the _MFG file, then the markers would be in the correct location.

Of course the first time I did this, one of my connectors disappeared completely from the model. That was fixed by going to component-->assemble all and the connector reappeared.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gkoch
1-Newbie
(To:mbegley)

Hello Mark,

this is strange! There is a report about such an issue, but it has been fixed almost 10 years ago.

The fix worked only on newly created markers, not on those existing from the pre-Wildfire area. But from what I read, it happens even with new markers you create.

The problem at that time was, that the location on the cable got confused, because not all locations of a cable got transferred to the flat cable (usually only the "needed" ones are added, e.g. those at joints).

If your issue is similar, then maybe you can try the config.pro option fan_significant_locations_only no when creating the flat harness.

Otherwise I can only suggest to open a case with TS to investigate.

Regards,

Gunter

Hi Mark...

Which version of Creo are you using (and build code)? I just worked with someone having this issue and we were able to correct it by reflattening the harness. Gunter's suggestion (above) is also a good one to try. Do you happen to have fan_with_network option turned on?

Thanks!

-Brian

Thanks for the replies Brian Martin‌‌ and Gunter Koch‌.

I was on Creo3 M070.

I found out the issue was with the _MFG file not being regenerated after making the change to the assembly file. I was regenerating the assembly file, the flat file, and the drawing, and the markers were not going to the correct locations. After I made the changes to the marker locations, if I first regenerated the _MFG file, then the markers would be in the correct location.

Of course the first time I did this, one of my connectors disappeared completely from the model. That was fixed by going to component-->assemble all and the connector reappeared.

Top Tags