cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Can I detect coincident sufaces in an assembly w/ Global Intereference?

SolidPerks
1-Newbie

Can I detect coincident sufaces in an assembly w/ Global Intereference?

Hey All!

The title says it all... I've got an assembly, some parts are constrained w/ coincident surfaces. The surfaces are touching, but volumes are NOT interfering. When using the Global Interference tools, I'd like to be able to confirm these types of constraints. However, I cannot find an option in the interference tool that will detect coincident surfaces.

As comparision, in SolidWorks, there is a check box on the Interference Detection tool to "Treat Coincidence As Interference", thus enabling the designer to identify coincident surfaces.

Am I dreaming again... or is this possible in Creo? Thanks for your help!!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1

Global interference tool won't get you there. You'll have to use the global clearance tool and set it to 0. You should start a product idea for this...

Top Tags