cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Can I permanently change "LINE SPACING" parameter.

MarkLocher
1-Newbie

Can I permanently change "LINE SPACING" parameter.

We recently moved up to CREO 3.0.

I notice that my multi-line dimensions are overlapping each other.  They are OK on the screen, but when the print, they all seem to convert to "Bottom Oriented" with no ability to change.

When I have an over/under dim with a geometric tolerance box below, the lower dimension runs over the geometric tol boxes.  In fact, comparing the screen to the printed copy, all the dimensions are 'lower' in the boxes when printed than they are on the screen.

Even if I pull up files that were last saved in CREO 2.0, and print them now in CREO 3.0, the two printed versions are different.

Yes - I know I can change this in properties/line spacing, but I am tired of changing every dimension for every file.  This is where DEFAULTS are supposed to help out.  But - there does not seem to be a definable parameter on config or dwg setup files to lock this in.

Please make this value a parameter of my choice.

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

please upload example Creo data and attach pictures showing the problem.

MH

Martin Hanák
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:MarkLocher)

I haven't seen that problem. I don't believe there is an option for setting the line spacing default.

Since they are OK on screen, was there a FONT on your end between creo 2 and 3?

We use the stroke all fonts option to solve some odd issues with what you see on screen and what was printing out (either PDF or paper)

Attached file shows how the drawing printed in CREO 3.0 vs. how it looks on the screen in 3.0.

In CREO 2.0, it printed the same as it looks.

As you can see, it appears as though the font went from "Middle Justified" on the screen, yet printed in "Bottom Justified" on paper.  The only issue is that there is no option for middle of bottom justified.

We have been using True Type CG font Triumvirate for about 5 years now- for all drawings.

I realize I can change the line spacing to correct this, but then it spreads all the lines out more from top to bottom.

I can also set printing to STROKE ALL FONTS, but we have had issues with this, especially when writing out to a PDF.

I'm using all my same config files, same dwg.dtl file as with CREO 2.0.

PTC changed something.....?

Look at the .006 in the FCFs and the other text in same blocks. It looks like someone isn't including the baseline offset in the font definition or they are finally paying attention to it, but it could be some other defect that's even more interesting.

It looks like a call to PTC Tech support is in order if other applications aren't also affected when using that font.

Hi,

I created test data in CR3 M100 (commercial) - see attachment. I am not able to reproduce the problem.

If you can attach your data, use procedure described in How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply

You can also open Case at PTC Support and ask them to explain Creo behavior.

MH

Martin Hanák
kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:MarkLocher)

I have found that text is often changed when printing because the font used in CREO is not supported by the printer.  In the Printer Configuration window select the Printer tab and check Stroke All Fonts.  This sends the text to the printer as lines and not text.

When saving as a PDF the same option is found on the content tab.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Top Tags