cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Can somebody tell what's the difference between "save as copy" and "save as back-up"

dcallemein
1-Newbie

Can somebody tell what's the difference between "save as copy" and "save as back-up"

Hi,

I was wondering wich one is the best option if you want to make a new file of an existing assembly, so that I can change things without changing the older model.

The new assembly will have another name.

Thanks in advance,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

save as backup ... is used to to create backup copy of existing assembly (assembly and component names remain the same)

save as copy ... enables you to create copy of existing assembly ... copied assembly obtains new name ... components can be re-used or copied (with new names).

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi,

Thank you for the answer.

In my case is it better to use the save as copy and rename al the parts of the assembly.

Kind regards

kdirth
20-Turquoise
(To:dcallemein)

I would save as copy.  During that save, give a new name to any part that you will be changing in the new assembly.

This will give you a new assembly with new parts that will not affect the older assembly.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

OK,

Thank you for the answer

Top Tags