cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Can't edit dimensions in Creo 2.0. Please help

ptc-5936361
1-Newbie

Can't edit dimensions in Creo 2.0. Please help

I've lost the ability to double click on a dimenions and type in the desired value. Please help!!!

If I draw a simple rectangle in sketcher and then hit Select, the dimensions will show up. But when I double click on a dimension to change it, nothing happens. I can't edit the dimension. I do have the option of right click/modify, at which point I can use the thumbwheel to modify the dimension, but this is slow and impractical for daily use.

Also, If I go to an existing part. Even something simple as a cube. I can't double click on the feature and then the dimension to change it. I've lost the ability to edit features or dimensions for existing parts.

• I've rebooted my system, but that didn't help.
  • I tried it on a new part with only a simple rectangle, and it wouldn't work either.

I'm running Creo 2.0 on a windows 7 laptop. Which has been fine for the past couple of years. This is a new problem that has just cropped up.

Any help on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated. I'm stuck, and unable to work, which is a real problem.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

John,

Couple of points which you can check:

1. Is there any recent change in your machine? (Any new software installation)

2. Change or update in Mouse drivers?

3. Is it only on one machine or on multiple machines?

4. Launch Creo without using any config settings and without Windchill (if available).

If possible, upload your config.pro/.sup and a sample part.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

John,

Couple of points which you can check:

1. Is there any recent change in your machine? (Any new software installation)

2. Change or update in Mouse drivers?

3. Is it only on one machine or on multiple machines?

4. Launch Creo without using any config settings and without Windchill (if available).

If possible, upload your config.pro/.sup and a sample part.

Mahesh,

Suspecting item 2, I found that I could update the diimensions using the touchpad instead of the mouse.

Once I updated some dimensions using the touchpad, the mousepad started working correctly again to edit dimensions.

I can't even begin to tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to reply to my problem. It was sincerely appreciated. Yesterday and this morning were really challenging. Your message really brightened my day. Thank you!

Thanks John, good to see the application working as expected . Nice day.

Top Tags