cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Can't print BOM from embedded browser in Creo3

dross
3-Visitor

Can't print BOM from embedded browser in Creo3

I am unable to print from the browser within Creo 3.

Is this a problem unique to me or does everyone else have the same problem?

Thanks,

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:dross)

Things you might try:

set the config option WINDOW_BROWSER_TYPE CHROMIUM_BROWSER

it looks the same, acts the same but for me it solved some odd issue with windchill blank screens  in the embedded browser

I think you have to restart creo to get that change to actually take effect.

Not sure why it doesn't create a bom file for you. That's been standard since, well, forever. File is placed in the working directory and is assyfilename.BOM.1 where assyfilename is your assembly file name and bom is the file name extension. (edited)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
dross
3-Visitor

36 VIEWS and no one can answer whether they have this problem or not?

Hey, PTC, what do you have to say about this?

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm assuming you are using Tools - Bill of Materials.

I just right click in the browser and click print and it works.

I have set the browser type in the config to Chrome based browser.

Also, when you create the bom, Creo creates a text file in the working directory with the same info in a text format. It would be much easier to import to excel or whatever.

dross
3-Visitor
(To:StephenW)

I tried right-clicking and selecting print, nothing happens.

I am not using Chrome, however, I am using whatever the default is, I think Internet Explorer.

It does not create a text file. Perhaps that is a config option.

If I choose to save it, it saves in html format.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Things you might try:

set the config option WINDOW_BROWSER_TYPE CHROMIUM_BROWSER

it looks the same, acts the same but for me it solved some odd issue with windchill blank screens  in the embedded browser

I think you have to restart creo to get that change to actually take effect.

Not sure why it doesn't create a bom file for you. That's been standard since, well, forever. File is placed in the working directory and is assyfilename.BOM.1 where assyfilename is your assembly file name and bom is the file name extension. (edited)

dross
3-Visitor

I got it to save to file by setting the config option info_ouput_mode from screen to both.

I cannot install Chrome, company rules.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Great. I see, the default is both, I guess your company had adjusted the setting to reduce all the output files, interesting, not a bad idea.

Actually, you wouldn't be installing chrome, it's internal to creo, you already have the embedded version within Creo. I know both have issues with certain things, I just found that chrome solve a couple that bother me the most.

dross
3-Visitor

I changed the config option to Chrome, it now prints.

Thanks!!

Now, if we could get PTC to fix the default browser... used that emoticon, since there isn't one with eyes rolling.

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Yup, you'll probably find something in chrome that won't work for you along the way. There was a trade off (I can't remember what it was) but for me, Chrome was the least painful of the 2.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Windows 7 the browser would be IE.

Windows 10 the browser would be Edge.

On my home machine printing from Edge does not always work so I have to use IE to print some pages.

Not sure what PTC support is for Edge off the top of my head.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

Creo will not use Edge inside Creo as the embedded browser.  Even on Windows 10, Internet Explorer 11 is still installed.  Depending on the windows_browser_type config option Creo will either use Internet Explorer 11 (from the PC) or Chrome (bundled with Creo).

Top Tags