cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Can we know if sheetmetal operations are added ?

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor

Can we know if sheetmetal operations are added ?

Dear,

We like to publish a STEP file when Creo has some bends defined using the sheetmetal option in an automatic way. Can we set or get a parameter when this is the case ? We then pass this to Windchill where the publisher creats the STEP file.

Regards,

Bernard

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

After some searching I found the way to do this; the parameter SMT_THICKNESS appears automaticaly when one uses the sheetmetal option. I propagated this further to a designated parameter PUBLISH_STEP (Yes/No) that will transfer this to Windchill's Attribute PUBLISH_STEP

IF exists("SMT_THICKNESS")

PUBLISH_STEP=YES

ENDIF

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BernardWielfaer)

Take a look at Model Check. I think it can check for different feature types. Maybe it can set a parameter based on their presence. I know that publishing additional files based on a parameter's value is easy enough...

BernardWielfaer
6-Contributor
(To:TomU)

After some searching I found the way to do this; the parameter SMT_THICKNESS appears automaticaly when one uses the sheetmetal option. I propagated this further to a designated parameter PUBLISH_STEP (Yes/No) that will transfer this to Windchill's Attribute PUBLISH_STEP

IF exists("SMT_THICKNESS")

PUBLISH_STEP=YES

ENDIF

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BernardWielfaer)

"IF exists" used to only work in repeat region relations. After a quick test I'm very glad to see it now works correctly in the regular model relations as well.

If you want to minimize the chance that a user will delete it, consider placing it in the post-regeneration section of the relations. Most users never look there...

Top Tags