cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Can you create a drop down list for parameters in Creo?

AndyHermanson
12-Amethyst

Can you create a drop down list for parameters in Creo?

I am looking to see if there is a way to create drop down lists for user created parameters.

Example: If you assign multiple material files to a part in Creo you then get a drop down list of those material files.

I want to be able to do this with user/Admin create parameters. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Andy

31 REPLIES 31

Martin, thanks a lot.

I am working on implementing this for our material callouts and have it working with the exception of within family tables.

With the generic I can select one of the materials from the table I built following this

Table-Restricted Parameters

However when I make a family table the only option available is the one from the generic. Is there a way to have all of  the materials in my table available for the instances?

I am replying back to this thread because it is far more recent than the other one specifically for using tables.

Edit

I can get the parameter matl to the family table, however the parameter material the is driven in the table will not update. If I open the instances they show the correct material. If I write a relation of material_callout=material it updates correctly. What is going wrong. I have attached my parameter file and a screen show of the family table.

Top Tags