cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Cannot "edit value" of a hole note

RNKDesigns
1-Newbie

Cannot "edit value" of a hole note

I am trying to edit a hole note in a drawing. (WF5) I used to be able to right click and choose "edit value" from the menu, but that isn't showing up anymore. And when I click on the edit menu at the top of the screen, "value" is greyed out. What the heck changed?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

I have to edit hole notes in the drawing. Use"edit value" as always, but in the drawin.

That is my problem. I am trying to edit the hole note in the drawing file and I no longer have the option.

Three things come immediately to mind. None of them may be your problem but I thought I'd toss them out there just incase:

• Do you have a license of Pro/E or Creo with the detailing option. Sometimes you'll have multiple licenses available with different options. We have some licenses at our facility that do not have the detailing option. People using those licenses can't edit notes until they pick up the license that DOES have the detailing option.
  • If you're working in Windchill or Pro/INTRALINK, is your file checked out? Sometimes you tell the system to check out the file but the check out fails and the user misses the teeny tiny message alerting them of this fact. When you try to edit the note, the option is greyed out because the file isn't checked out. Sometimes the file is released, locked into Read Only state, or checked out by someone else. Also remember if the note belongs to the MODEL, not the drawing, you'll need to check the model out to change it.
  • A second Winchill and Pro/INTRALINk related problem that causes this... if you accidentally LOCK your workspace through Tools->Server Manager->Workspace->Lock Workspace, you will not be able to edit any objects contained within that workspace. The lock setting is provided for people who wish to make portable workspaces and then re-sync later on with the local workspace on their harddrive. It's a bit much to explain quickly but sometimes people accidentally lock their workspace and then can't figure out why objects and drawings are no longer editable as they normally are.

Please let us know if any of these things helps... or if none of them do. Maybe there's something I'm missing!

Thanks!

-Brian

Announcements
NEW Creo+ Topics: Real-time Collaboration

Top Tags