cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Chafer features into components of assembly

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Chafer features into components of assembly

How to get total chamfer features available into components of assembly ?

I tried to use search criteria and could find out option for revolve and extrude. but could not find option for chamfer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Ketan_Lalcheta 

Search can help you to get the count. 

Search > Look for and Look by Feature > Type > Value Round/Chamfer

If you will build a query, you will get count in one search. 

Edit: attached a quick video for steps.. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@Ketan_Lalcheta 

Rounds/Chamfer are not available in assembly mode. There is an existing idea for the same. Vote the idea at https://community.ptc.com/t5/Creo-Parametric-Ideas/Allow-fillets-rounds-chamfers-in-assembly-mode/idi-p/461061

No no... I don't want those features to be created in assembly mode...

Let me try to make it more clear about my requirement.... There is assembly and it has three different parts... These parts have chamfer and round features... Now what I want is to know how many round and chamfers are there in assembly i.e. combined count of chamfers and rounds into those three parts used into assembly.

I tried to use search command, but could not get what I am looking for.

@Ketan_Lalcheta 

Search can help you to get the count. 

Search > Look for and Look by Feature > Type > Value Round/Chamfer

If you will build a query, you will get count in one search. 

Edit: attached a quick video for steps.. 

Don't know what you mean by "total chamfer". The only features you can create in assemblies are hole, extrude, and revolve. Additionally, the extrude and revolves can only be used to do material removals. You can't make chamfers or rounds. Those need to be done in the part models.

Making assembly cuts is not something most people do unless they absolutely have to because in the past it has tended to behave strangely, especially if you add components to your assembly after adding the cut. It's considered to be bad practice for most situations. Part reusability is one very good reason, for example.

Sorry for making it messy... Forget about assembly...

Assume that I have a part.. I am not sure whether chamfer feature is present into part or not.. how can I come to know whether chamfer is present into model or not... If yes, how many chamfers ?

*facepalm*

Top Tags