cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Chamfer callout

Edgmon
1-Newbie

Chamfer callout

I'm looking for this chamfer dimension format:.... DxD (our standard).......instead of D (alone) or Dx45 or even 45xD (by the grace of a hidden config.pro entry).

I know I can modify the dimension to read Dx.12 (not parametric) or Dx&d23 (parametric)

but ..... really?!?

I can't believe there isn't some way to allow for the standard annotation to appear on the drawing as it was defined/created in the part...... DxD ......

Regards .... Don

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Don,

I hope you receive a response to your formatting question.

Welcome to PlanetPTC Community. If you have any questions on how to use or navigate the community, please let me know.

-Dan

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Edgmon)

Create a D1xD2 chamfer where d1 and d2 are the same. In the drawing create a note &d1 X &d2.

Edgmon
1-Newbie
(To:Kevin)

Kevin,

Ultimately I would like to "show/erase" (WF3) or "show annotation" (WF5) and have the dimension show up as created in the part..... DxD.

This is our company standard and one of 3 acceptable ANSI methods and the only one I can't make pro do automatically. I guess I thought when WF5 allowed "chamfer style" selections, one selection would have been the DxD style...... not!

D1xD2 gives me 2 linear dimensions which I then have to manipulate/create to achieve what I need as you suggest...... DxD .... It would be fewer steps by just adding a postfix (what happened to suffix?) to the existing dimension...... it would look like @Dx&d1 in the text box and .12x.12 with a leader in the drawing.

Thanks for your input ... it is appreciated

Don

Kevin
10-Marble
(To:Edgmon)

Didn't know that worked. I thought I tried that and it didn't work but must have typed in something wrong. I understand what you want to show and agree with you it's strange not to have the form that shows DxD in the list of options but there are other things where this happens also.

Top Tags