cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Chamfer dimension display

Milkman
3-Visitor

Chamfer dimension display

I recently updated to Creo 3.0 and am working through some bugs and/or changes. My latest issue is than my chamfer dimensions don't always show the way they should.

In the attached image, the 1x45° shows the way I want but the 0.2x45° shows up horizontally instead of normal to the chamfer. If I change the location of the dimension to a projected view, it shows correctly, but I need it shown in this view.

chamfer dimensions.JPG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Greg,

I did some testing and found that there is an issue with the dimension, which was fixed via an earlier SPR.  In order to implement the fix in your drawing, please do the following:

1. Retrieve the drawing
  2. File > Prepare > Drawing Properties
  3. Detail Options > change
  4. Option: update_drawing
  5. Value: 1116081
  6. Add/Change > OK > Close > Repaint

That will update the 0.2X45 dimension.

Please give this a try and let me know if it worked or not.

Thanks,

Amit

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Greg,

How exactly is the chamfer on the right, 0.2X45, created, in the model?

I was trying to recreate it on my machine to see how the dimension appears in the drawing, but it is not clear how the chamfer geometry looks on the model.

If possible, please upload that model here and I can take a further look.

Thanks,

Amit

Here are the model & drawing files.

Hi Greg,

I did some testing and found that there is an issue with the dimension, which was fixed via an earlier SPR.  In order to implement the fix in your drawing, please do the following:

1. Retrieve the drawing
  2. File > Prepare > Drawing Properties
  3. Detail Options > change
  4. Option: update_drawing
  5. Value: 1116081
  6. Add/Change > OK > Close > Repaint

That will update the 0.2X45 dimension.

Please give this a try and let me know if it worked or not.

Thanks,

Amit

That did it. Thank You!!

Top Tags