cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Chamfer value as parameter

Ketan_Lalcheta
19-Tanzanite

Chamfer value as parameter

Hello,

In a model, I have a chamfer feature of kind Dimension x Angle. I would like to create parameter for this two values (Dimension and angle values ). Ultimate aim is to control this values using relation.

Can anybody help me on how to cretae a parameter for chamfer dimension and chamfer angle?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ketan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

Tools -Switch dimensions will show you the parameters that are stored for the chamfer dimensions.

You can enter a relation right in the edit box of the value or use the relation editor.

I frequently use a chamfer for the lead-in on a threaded screw and set the value to be 10% of the nominal thread diameter.

So I have a thread diameter which I rename to Nominal and then set the chamfer relation to Nominal*.1.

Thanks a lot ben.. I am in different timezone and not having creo with me now.. I will try this tomorrow..

As I am very new to creo designing; if someone has come across any detailed document showing steps to do same, it will be of great help. This will ensure that I will not come across queries on the suggested steps by Ben.

habdul
6-Contributor
(To:Ketan_Lalcheta)

See attached video

Video Link : 7198

msiviero
4-Participant
(To:habdul)

Thank you!

Top Tags